Monday, May 24, 2010

Example 4.

Artist: Penny Snars

Country: Australia

Artist Comments:

Between semesters of study in Glasgow and Sydney, I was fortunate to be able to travel around, visiting various zoos along the way. These are some photographic sketches, which I have collected during my travels overseas and Australia.

I am fascinated by the behaviour of animals, their actions and how they act.

However, when I photograph animals, I feel this is partially lost, and I become intrigued by the patterns in their flesh, the way it moves and its textures.


Image 1: Munich Zoo, Munich, Germany, 2008. This photograph is a portrait of a Rhino, which was kept in a cement enclosure, with minimal space. It was winter and they kept this massive creature indoors where the temperature was more suitable.


Image 2, Taronga Zoo, Sydney, Australia, 2009 This crocodile was sunbaking, half immersed in the water. She barely moved except for the occasional breath.


Image 3, London Zoo, London, United Kingdom, 2008 This porcupine had the most beautiful spines. It wandered the perimeter of its enclosure, slowly and methodically.


Image 4, Dubbo Zoo, Dubbo, Australia, 2009 This tortoise was in the company of its partner. They sat together in the remnants of afternoon sun.

More about Penny Snars (LINK)

No comments:

Post a Comment